Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

miércoles, 26 de octubre de 2011

Wednesday

It has been a busy week, but a productive one...I've had time to look into revamping grammar instruction with one of my high school classes and find some interesting resources online for listening and looking into how the students are processing language. 

Plus, today, I made it through leading my first chapel for the year.  I have another one coming up in a few weeks...then I will be doing high school and middle school back to back.  I think it went well...I really overplanned; I think I only made it through about half of what I had hoped to do, but that's okay.  I would rather overplan than run out of ideas and need to scramble to fill the time. 

I was nervous about leading the chapel today.  I found I was really leery of accidentally twisting scripture...to get around that, I focused almost entirely on specific Bible verses.  I figured it would be a little safer to present the scripture and get out of the way rather than spend a lot of time expounding on my opinion of it.

We looked at how God can help us when we're scared since the theme this month is "peace."  My next chapel will be during the month on "patience"...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario