Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

jueves, 13 de octubre de 2011

Thursday morning...

So far the rain has not been as heavy as I expected.  I heard it rain for a little while at about 5 am.  Then it stopped and started up again at 7...it is still raining right now, but not very hard.  I am still praying the storm fizzles out on us.  We'll see how the day goes...

I heard a newspaperman out this morning.  That was kind of comforting...I took it as a sign that, at least for the moment, life is kind of getting back to normal.  The fact that he was even able to walk down our street at all is a drastic change from where we were 24 hours ago.

I heard a car get stuck in the mud after I went to bed last night.  It sounded like a big group of young guys were out trying to get it unstuck again.  Laughing, counting to three, and making loud pushing noises...whatever they did eventually worked, and I heard the car start moving again.  I liked their attitude, though...I didn't hear a single one of them get angry.

I spent part of last night in prayer...the comfortable kind where you just lay back and communicate with God.  Share what's on your heart... For those of you who don't know, it has been a long time since I've been able to pray like that.  It has only been in the last few weeks that I have been able to dive so unreservedly into it again.  I am very, very glad to be able to do it again.

So now I'm ready to get up and start focusing on the day.  Just this day, not two or three more days down the road.  Let today just be and not try to take in more than what this day will bring.  Just rest and let go...trust that, whatever happens, God will bring us through it.

I've heard from so many of you saying you are praying.  Thank-you.  That has been a real blessing.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario