Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

viernes, 7 de octubre de 2011

Troubles

I read this quote by Charles Spurgeon today:

Our heavenly Father sends us frequent troubles to test our faith. If our faith is worth anything, it will stand the test. Gilt is afraid of fire, but gold is not: The imitation gem dreads being touched by the diamond, but the true jewel fears no test. It is a poor faith that can only trust God when friends are true, the body is healthy, and the business profitable; but it is true faith that rests in the Lord's faithfulness when friends are gone, the body is ailing, spirits are depressed, and the light of our Father's face is hidden. A faith that can say, in the deepest trouble, "Though he slay me, I will hope in him"1 is heaven-born faith.

I've been starting to question myself, think if I had only found just the right words to say, shown just the right reaction, perhaps this crisis could have been averted...but, no, when I am entirely honest, I realize it just happened.  Someone made a choice, and God allowed it to happen.  And I'll get through it.  It isn't something that will follow me forever.  And it isn't something I brought about.  It just happened, and I'll learn from it, and I'll move forward stronger because of it...

I hope.  It's a little hard to say for sure when I'm right in the middle, but past experiences have shown that I can have that hope.  (I'm just really tired.  Give me a good weekend of sleep, and I'll have a much brighter perspective. :-)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario