Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

domingo, 16 de octubre de 2011

Sunday

Now people are saying the rain could continue through Thursday...something about the storm parking itself over the country.

I suppose I really can't complain...we really aren't getting hit as hard as other areas right now.  The northern part of the country, I hear, is getting the majority of the rain.  We do get brief respites here.  The rain does let up into a light sprinkle...sometimes even stopping altogether (though the sky is always covered with clouds).  Still...

I am really looking forward to the sun coming back here.

More rain means more mudslides.  More areas impacted by floods.  More areas to clean up.  More obstacles blocking the ability to move about the country freely.

I've had two conversations over the last few days about Noah and the flood...I had never really moved beyond a "Sunday School" mentality in considering this story.  But forty days and forty nights.  A flood that destroyed everyone that wasn't safe within the ark.  Enough rain to cover even the highest mountains...

I imagine they grew weary.  I imagine they were traumatized.  I imagine they needed the rainbow just to keep from panicking every time it started to rain again.

What we experienced is just a drop in the bucket compared to that...but my nerves are starting to get frayed.  There is part of me that thinks: if the sun would just shine... it would be easier to move past this.  It would be easier to clean up and move forward.  If the sun would just shine...

To clean up after a flood with the sun on your shoulders is one thing.  To clean up while it is still raining is quite another.  Cleaning up when you know it's over is more uplifting.  Cleaning up while the storm still rages is much harder...

We have been blessed in not having any more flooding.  We have been blessed in getting mostly lighter rain.  But yesterday when I was out of the house, it started pouring.  And when it didn't let up, I began to worry about being able to make it home.  Would the house be flooded again?  Would I have to wade through knee deep water just to make it to my door?

The family has worked so hard to get the house put back together again...I didn't want to see them have to start again from the beginning.

Such were my thought processes...in the end, the rain let up before I even made it home.  But every time it rains hard, I go to the window.  I check to make sure the flooding isn't starting all over again.

If the sun would just shine...

If we could just know this thing is over...

I know I have no right to complain.  I didn't personally lose anything.  My emotions are just getting tired.

Today is Sunday.  I am visiting a new church this morning.  I haven't felt such a strong need to go to church in a very long time.  I am hoping it will be good.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario