Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

miércoles, 19 de octubre de 2011

This morning...

I found out I get anxious now whenever it starts to rain heavily.  Especially when it begins to rain in the early morning.  Usually during rainy season Guatemala is like clockwork--dry in the morning, wet in the afternoon.  So when I woke up this morning to heavy rainfall and the power going out, I quickly became anxious.  After all, it was just this time last week that I woke up to find a river in our street and a flooded downstairs.  And just last night I prayed a prayer of gratitude to God that this Wednesday was going to be so different...

So I found myself getting anxious.  Begging God not to let it flood again.  Praying that this storm would just pass, for the electricity to come back on, and for life to get back to normal so we can just relax...

Obviously, there was no need to get so afraid.  I could hear cars passing in the street, a sure sign that it couldn't be flooding enough to come into the house.  But still I felt anxious.  Anxious that the house would flood while I was gone.  Anxious that the river between our house and school would flood so I wouldn't be able to get home...

Take a deep breath...and let it out slowly...

I heard rumors of a cold front that is supposed to come through tomorrow.  The bad news is that it's going to start getting really cold.  The good news is that the rain will probably be stopping...and life can get back to normal.

In the meantime, I am trying to relax, lean on God, go through this in prayer and stop being so afraid.  I know my reaction isn't rational...just a leftover reaction to all the craziness that happened last week.  I can trust that whatever happens, God can guide us through it...I'll just keep hanging on and learn to trust that it will be okay.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario