Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

martes, 1 de noviembre de 2011

I like hymns...

because they remind me of people who came before me.  My great-grandma's generation walking through life's problems...and surviving.  That fellowship of suffering, knowing many others have walked these roads before...

There was something about the cemetery that was comforting when I was younger...the old headstones, the generations buried there, hints of their trials inscribed in the dates and the times...

There is something about hymns that feels like someone upholding me...the generations of Christians with their humble trust in Jesus.  Knowing I follow in their footsteps.

It doesn't make the struggle go away, but it does make it just a little but lighter.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario