Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

lunes, 7 de noviembre de 2011

Thought for the Day

I came across these thoughts by Charles Spurgeon today, based on Isaiah 49:16, which says, "Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands..."

He cries, "How can I have forgotten you, when I have engraved you on the palms of My hands?  How dare you doubts My constant remembrance when the memorial is carved upon My own flesh?"  O unbelief, what a strange marvel you are!  We do not know what to wonder at most--the faithfulness of God or the unbelief of His people.  He keeps His promise a thousand times, and yet the next trial makes us doubt Him.

He never fails; He is never a dry well; He is never as a setting sun, a passing meteor, or a melting vapor; and yet we are as continually troubled with anxieties, molested with suspicions, and disturbed with fears as if our God were a mirage of the desert.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario