Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

viernes, 11 de noviembre de 2011

"patience in suffering"

I'm signed up to lead both high school and middle school chapel next week (back to back on the same day).  The topic this month is "patience" and when I compared notes with a fellow teacher who led chapel this week, I found out we are both going off of the same passage of scripture: the section in James on having patience in suffering.  (There is no problem in this since we are going different directions for it--there is definitely enough to "patience in suffering" to fill two chapel sessions.)  This other teacher commented how it seems like every time she starts to plan a chapel, she ends up dealing with what she is going to have to be talking about.  I told her (only half-joking) that I think next time I want to sign up for an easier topic.  Right after the flood, I had to do a chapel on "peace."  Now, in the midst of other struggles, I will be discussing "patience."  Hmmm....unfortunately, I don't think there are any fruits of the Spirit that deal with "taking it easy" or "sliding by on good experiences." :-)  So maybe I'll just have to continue forward and just deal with whatever I have to deal with in light of things...

So for next week, I am planning on showing some clips from the movie Amazing Grace and show some YouTube videos for some songs that deal with waiting (like Savior, Please; There Will Be a Day; Praise You in this Storm; and While I'm Waiting).  And then talk about, in light of James, what we can do while we wait (not grumbling, looking forward to our future hope of Jesus' return and the ultimate restoration, etc).  I'll see...I might put together a skit about the importance of having the end goal in sight (comparing two people on a journey--one who doesn't really have any reason to do it or any assurance of a reward at the end of it, and one with the clear goal in mind.)  I helped a teacher last week with a skit on Job cast with teachers, and found out we have some talented actors on staff.  That could work...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario