Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

jueves, 3 de noviembre de 2011

James chapter 1...

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds...

Pure joy.  I don't think I've ever been able to recite this verse without a little bit of grumbling on my part.  Couldn't it have said "consider it useful" or "consider it valuable for learning lessons"...but pure joy?  You've got to be kidding me, right?  Now, I realize perseverance is useful.  And I realize that, yes, these trials are working to make me mature and complete, not lacking anything...but I still find it hard to consider those trials cause to be joyful...especially not at the time.  Especially not at levels that could be measured at anything close to being defined as pure joy

I suppose this is the point where I should come up with an uplifting ending to this blog, set everything right, but right now I think any response I come up with would just be canned.  So, for now, I'll just say...

To be continued...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario