Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

sábado, 6 de agosto de 2011

Pulgas

I was introduced to pulgas at the end of the first week of my first stay in Guatemala.  In the beginning, they were the surest thing to make me cry and miss America.  It developed into an ongoing battle doing everything I could to keep away the fleas.

Which is why I was surprised the other day by much I was not bothered when I discovered some new bites.

Before my life revolved around a system of rules to keep the fleas at bay, but they didn't really work.  And I would still wake up nights, anxiously checking to see if they had come after me again.

This time I decided to take it more in stride.  Fleas?  Perhaps.  Or it could have been a mosquito.  Either way, they are only a few bites.  They will go away in time, and they are definitely not worth rearranging my entire life over.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario