Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

sábado, 20 de agosto de 2011

New growth

My heart has been doing weird things lately...like waking me up in the middle of the night at odd hours to think about things.

At first I thought this was a problem...at least as far as some of the topics were rather uncomfortable to dwell on.  It was as if the most difficult things that have happened recently were all on the forefront of my mind.

But then, after nearly a week of this, as I was starting to think I wasn't feeling particularly "happy" as a result of all of this, something happened...

I felt my heart tug.  An upward tug.  Like a prayer. 

And I realized that this is kind of like when a bean plant sprouts in the soil...when it looks all awkward and the shell of the bean seed is still attached up at the top.  Definitely not a comfortable position for the bean plant (getting through the soil takes a lot of effort) but definitely preferable to being permanently buried beneath the ground, however safe and comfortable that hiding place might be.  If the bean is going to sprout, it needs to move upward...

I think the late night ruminating was something like that--clearing away the dirt so there's room to grow.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario