Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

jueves, 11 de agosto de 2011

First Day

I came down with a cold just in time for school to start, so my thought processes as I was getting ready for the day today went something like this: 

cough drops?  check
tissues?  check
cold medicine? check
plenty of water?  check
everything else I'll need for my lessons?  yeah, I'll get that together, too...

School started yesterday, but my classes don't start until today.  Yesterday I helped with opening activities, elementary and high school lunch duty, and sat in on high school chapel.  It has been interesting to put names to the faces that look so much older than the last time I saw them (and get to the know the students who were not here before).  I have noticed that the high schoolers hold back more than they did when I knew them when I was younger, but when I make the effort to reach out to them, they seem happy to talk.  I am going to make an effort in the next few days to touch base with as many of them as I can, even if it's just for a minute or two with each one. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario