Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

viernes, 6 de abril de 2012

Sights and Sounds of Guatemala...

Semana Santa (or Holy Week) in Guatemala includes alfombras (carpets made of colored sawdust, grasses, and flowers) and processions in which the images of Jesus and Mary are brought out of the Catholic churches and paraded through the streets.  Many of the evangelicals here avoid the processions, but as a foreigner, I joined "my people" (the tourists) and took some pictures to share.  I also have some video, but I am in the process of figuring out how to go about adding video to a blog.

Enjoy.



These are the signs posted along the streets announcing that no parking will be allowed for the processions.

And here are some of the alfombras. We got up early to see some of them being made.



And my favorite, for how artistic it was:


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario