Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

domingo, 22 de abril de 2012

Today...

I am thankful for mass.  Perhaps I've listed this one before--I can't really remember.  But today, as so many times over the course of the past semester, I am thankful for the opportunity to go to mass...In spite of not being Catholic, it has become my haven.

And to make up for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I am thankful for rellenitos, a yummy food that consists of platanos wrapped around bean paste--a flavorful, slightly sweet snack.

I am also thankful for arroz con leche or any atol (or drink) made from a variety of ingredients.  They are served warm, are usually quite sweet, and are very tasty.

And for the last entry, I will jump on the bandwagon and say I am thankful for Ricardo Arjona.  I have enjoyed listening to his music over the course of the year.  He is a Guatemalan singer with a poet's ear for lyrics, and I have enjoyed being introduced to some of his many songs.  My favorites so far:  Ayudame Freud and Quiero.   (And Fuiste tu, of course.)

(Please pardon the lack of tildes on my Spanish words--I still haven't figured out exactly how to do them on my keyboard. :-)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario