Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

sábado, 14 de abril de 2012

Contrasted with unthankfulness...

I probably shouldn't even mention it, but here are some things I'm not so thankful for today:

--Certain side streets that smell of urine--possibly because the walls have been used as urinals for far too long.
--Getting enveloped in a cloud of dust and black exhaust from chicken buses that pass me when I'm walking.
--The sight (and sound) of a young man vomiting in the street when I left my house today--although I was thankful he had a friend with him, so he wasn't in that state alone.
--Creepy men who feel the need to expose themselves to unsuspecting young ladies walking down the street (not me, thankfully, but still...)

And to balance out the list, here are a few things I am thankful for today:

--That no pigeons went to the bathroom on me when I walked beneath a flock of them today.
--For French class
--For already having a job lined up for next year
--And for pepper spray, which helps me feel a lot safer when walking alone, especially when darkness falls...
--And for the number of people I've talked to who have been so friendly and helpful.
--The chance to hang out with friends and...
--The privilege to pray, even when it isn't easy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario