Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

miércoles, 18 de abril de 2012

Thankfulness 2

I'm a little behind on my thankfulness posts, so here we go--four days in one:

1--I am thankful for the shekas con frijoles at Xelapan.  It's a round roll of white bread with flour on the outside and black bean paste in the middle.  It's yummy.

2--I'm thankful for the random bursts of color with flowers on balconies, roofs, and other fenced-in places.  Since landscaping isn't all that common here, except for parks, the flowers in windows and on little decks add a very welcome burst of life and color to the scenery inside the city.

3--Okay, this one isn't specifically something I am thankful for about Guatemala, but it is what I am thankful for today.  I am thankful that, when the water goes out upstairs (as it has done a time or two since I came here) we still get water from the tap downstairs.  The fact that water is available somewhere in the house, even if that somewhere isn't the upstairs bathroom, is a huge relief, even if it is at a time of day where I wouldn't generally be needing it.  I like to know it's there and will be when I need it.

4--I'm thankful for my favorite cafe in town.  It's a nice place to go when I want to get out of the house and go somewhere else to read or do work.  The servers are friendly, and I can get my fill of 1990s musical hits (with other decades thrown in as well).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario