Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

martes, 27 de marzo de 2012

Tuesday thoughts...

I realized this morning I have been having the same song going through my head every morning when I head to the bus stop.  I don't think about it in the morning or at night before I go to bed, and yet, every morning, as soon as I step out the door, it's there:

Oh, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back like a scroll,
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul...

And quite honestly, there were several days when this happened when I wasn't actively feeling this way at all.

Life has been complicated, but in the end, God is good. 

It has been good to be able to step back and see the thread running through some of the past...see that good can come from things that didn't seem so very good at the time...

Those moments of clarity are so very precious.  Sometimes I wish they would come more often.  Then I am thankful I am able to have these times at all.  It puts everything in perspective, for the time being, anyway.

On a side note, I got my first request for a job interview today.  That was a very pleasant surprise, especially since it's from a district I hadn't completely finished applying to yet.  I'm just praying that God will guide the process and I'll end up in the place that's best for me (whatever "best" might mean--I'm learning "best" doesn't always come in the packaging I expect it to be).

I am thankful for the blessings, the greatest of which is the ability to see.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario