Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

lunes, 26 de septiembre de 2011

Faith

I was reading Matthew 9 this morning, the story of Jesus healing the blind men.  They come to him saying, "Son of Man, have mercy on us!"  And Jesus response was: "Do you believe I can do this?"

Then, after they answered yes, he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith let it be done to you."

Now, I have often heard these verses quoted in teachings about healing, and always before I had perceived in them a hidden threat.  You better have faith if you want to have healing...  So then I would work to conjure up as much faith as I could...

But I wonder now if there was another purpose to these.  Maybe this passage shows that the most important thing is what is really inside a person's heart.  Maybe the healing showed what was hidden, helped them understand what could not be shown or understood with merely words...

And, of course, there was compassion involved in all that, too. 

Too often I look at the physical and give it the most importance since it's clearly in the here and now.  I often forget the greatest value is often in those things that are invisible.  The intangible aspects of life.  Those are what are most precious and irreplaceable.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario