Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

jueves, 8 de septiembre de 2011

bucket lists

I had often heard people talk about having bucket lists, but had never given a lot of thought to the idea for myself...For many years I found the idea all but impossible.  Other circumstances kept me busy focusing on taking just one more step ahead.  Breathe in breathe out.  Take one more step forward...

To the point that a couple of years ago, I found myself telling people I had no more career goals.  I had accomplished what I hoped to do when I was in college, now I had no idea what I wanted to do next.

It's encouraging to find myself beginning to move forward.

In the last few weeks, I have found myself thinking again and again about the idea of bucket lists.  Things I want to do.  Things I get excited about.  Things I don't know for sure will ever happen, but if the opportunity ever presents itself, I would love to dive in and see what happens.

A few items on the list so far:

Do something on an Indian Reservation--experience and learn about life from their perspective
Be able to do something with literacy  training to help women who have been rescued from human trafficking get back on their feet (or to prevent them falling prey to trafficking at all)
Take a class on ancient Greek
Adopt, be a foster parent or work in an orphanage...

It has been so much fun to be living with a family here.  All the generations.  When all the kids and grandkids congregate at the house on the weekends...After getting used to being a single adult, it's a change in perspective, but I like it.  The craziness, the unpredictability.  The community and the sense of being home.

That's just a start on my bucket list.  I am sure I will be adding more.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario