Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

viernes, 18 de mayo de 2012

Turbulence

I found myself telling a friend that I hope my trip home goes smoothly...and I realized that, if it does, it will actually be going contrary to much of the rest of the trip.

Not the entire trip...my travels home and back for Christmas went exceptionally well. So I have at least sufficient reason to hope the remainder of this trip will be the same.

But "smooth sailing" cannot be said for this trip to Guatemala.

I caught myself getting nostalgic about the typhoid earlier today. I know my emotions are going up and down as I'm getting ready to leave, but that's a little ridiculous.

But maybe that's part of the journey of life. We can treasure those moments when they are passed because of what we have gained from having walked through them. For better or for worse, it's one more little piece affecting who we are...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario