Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

miércoles, 30 de mayo de 2012

Last Day...

We had our last day of finals today.  One final exam.  The signing of yearbooks.  Then finishing up grades for report cards and organizing my materials for the teacher next year, giving administration the materials they needed from us, and then handing over my keys.  Then we were done.

Not done completely, because there is still graduation to get through.  But still...

There is something special about those moments when you can look back and see the whole of what was done.  It's a perspective that sees so much more than when you are in the minute-by-minute turmoil of activity and sometimes seeming chaos.  There has been so much this past year that seemed like chaos.  But in working with the students, in the midst of all of that, there were times of pure gold.

There were many trials in this past year, but working with the students was not part of it.  I have really enjoyed working with them and am so, so glad I took the opportunity to come back.  Not that I want to go back and relive any of those harder moments.  And not that I am changing my mind about what is coming and want to turn back. 

I am content with my decision.  I'm just really thankful for the chance to have perspective.  To see pieces of this adventure I didn't notice until the end.  Elements that were right under my nose the entire time waiting to be revealed so I could recognize them. 

My students were wonderful.  And being with them this past year has changed my perspective of myself, my life, and where I see my future.  It has been really good to come back and reconnect with them. To see where life has taken them.  Begin to see the path of where they might be going.  To see a graduating senior, remember them as a fourth grader, and then speculate as to what the future years might hold. 

It's amazing...

A hidden blessing.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario