Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

miércoles, 2 de mayo de 2012

Quiero...

Since I've been posting so much Ricardo Arjona, I thought I would include this video, too. It has a special place in my heart since it is the first of his songs I heard knowing it was him. My only reservation about this one is that I have prayed for Saddam Hussein too much to be able to refer to him as "el idiota mas grande del mundo." Apart from that, I think the song is beautiful. He sings about things he would like to do, all leading up to his desire to forget the one he loves who is not part of his life anymore. On a side note, I came across this biographical information on Ricardo Arjona on Amazon the other day: It says he gave up a career as a basketball player to pursue his career in music. At first, he moved to Mexico City to record his first CD, but they cast him as a romantic figure and the album failed. He then taught primary school for several years before moving to Buenos Aires to try music again, staying true to his own voice this time. That's when he was successful.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario