Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

domingo, 5 de febrero de 2012

The past few days...

I thought about labeling this post "contentment", but then I realized I'm not close enough to being there...

It has been kind of a rough few days.  Nothing major, but things seeming more serious simply because I don't have the physical energy to deal with them.

I got sick Thurs night and am still recovering.  Had a sub cover my classes on Fri.  Visited the doctor and the lab, went back to the doctor for some injections...

Little by little I'm getting better (though the walk to the internet cafe made me feel about ready for a nap--but still, it is easier to walk today than it was yesterday, and walking anywhere yesterday was easier than it was the day before).  And the family and the school have been wonderful...

But it's getting tiring, not having energy.  I am thankful for the time to read--I'm really enjoying that part of it, actually.

But not having energy, even after just three short days, is getting old.

And other things have happened.  I started having problems with my computer's power cord (which is why I decided to venture out to the internet cafe) yesterday.  Then the water heater on our shower stopped working today.  The son at the house knows how to fix it and just has to get a part this afternoon, but I decided to be stubborn and shower with cold water.  It wasn't that bad.  By late morning it was getting warmer outside, and since we had power this time (since that wasn't the reason for cold water) I could warm up with my hair dryer.

Not a big deal...

But with all the time to think while I'm resting, I've found myself seriously thinking about the next two years...how much do I really want to continue here and how much do I just want to go home...

I think I'll get more clarity when I have more energy to process with.  But in the meantime, the question lingers...

I guess for now I'm thankful for the internet cafes so I can maintain my connection home.  And thankful for another day that I can sit around and rest.  Hopefully by tomorrow getting through a school day won't be too much of a challenge.  I'm definitely getting better so I am hoping to be back to normal soon.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario