Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

sábado, 7 de enero de 2012

Transitions

I made it back to Guatemala today...a half day of airplane travel, a night at a bed and breakfast in Guatemala City, and a nearly four hour bus ride on winding mountain roads...

Sometimes I'm glad that it takes a little time and effort to make it back and forth.  To just zap myself home like somebody on Star Wars could be disorienting (although I won't argue that there are definite benefits to being able to travel home that quickly).  It's just that sometimes that extra time is needed to let go and start looking forward.  No matter which direction I go, leaving or returning, it is always difficult to leave and adapt to someplace new. 


So I am glad this journey took a little longer...because by last night I was ready for the Bed and Breakfast.  By the time the bus rolled into town today, I was almost ready...enough to take a deep breath and face what was coming.  I'm not quite ready to dive into everything, but I have a couple of days to ease into it before moving forward full speed. 

Little by little, a day at a time...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario