Thoughts on foreign travel interspersed with experiences and the incredible love of God.

domingo, 29 de enero de 2012

Thoughts...

Wow, it's already almost February...

If things keep going this way, I have a feeling I'll be going home for summer before I know it...

Yet there is part of me that holds my breath, wondering if it will really go that smoothly, especially after the eventfulness of last semester.  So far this semester has been productive but peaceful, no big surprises...and thus far the quietness of it has been welcome.

I'm finding I'm not stressing as much as I used to.  Learning to live in today and let tomorrow take care of itself. 

I think it's a mindset that snuck up one me.  A process...  I guess I've just gotten to the point that I don't want to borrow trouble anymore.  Perhaps it came about as a result of looking back with 20/20 vision and seeing a greater hand was guiding things even when I was not aware it was happening.  And maybe it is the result of reaching the end of what I can worry about on my own, and maybe I also just got tired of tormenting myself...

Whatever the reason, I have found myself relaxing more.  Living today.  Trusting that tomorrow I will have the energy to walk through whatever tomorrow brings...

And so far it's working well.

I look back at the last week and tend to think it was a quiet week...but I think it's just that my perspective has changed.  If I had been looking for something to worry about, there would have been plenty to choose from.  But being aware and then trusting...it's far, far better.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario